Sunday, September 15, 2019

September Passport to School Add On from Taylormadecards4u

This month I have an add on project for the Passport to School kit from Taylormadecards4u. Monica has several add ons that will work with the Passport to School kit and I chose to work with the library cards. You get 12 library cards in this kit. 6 of the manila color with a faint image on the background and 6 colored. I chose to use the manila ones as they're very neutral and I figured they will work better with my junk journal.


In case you've forgotten what the Passport to School kit looks like, here's a refresher.


I have been wanting to create some embellished library cards for use in a junk journal so I gave that project a whirl. It took me a little bit of practice with the sewing machine to achieve the look I wanted with the stitching. I finally got it sorted out and I am happy with how they turned out. I'm definitely going to add these to my junk journal as a place for some hidden journaling and I'm going to work on another set to gift to a friend. 

Here's a look at the embellishments that I created. All I did was print out the cards, trim them out and then I layered some leftover bits of the Passport to School kit, some muslin and some die cuts from my stash and stitched them down. It really was a lot of fun and not as scary as I had imagined it was going to be lol


All of my cards together



I sewed a pocket on this one and then attached the ladies to the front then I tucked in a scrap of leftover paper from the Passport to School kit. 


I created an embellished envelope to tuck this card into. 






I think my favorite is the last one, I finally got my stitching how I wanted it and it's pretty simple with lots of room for journaling. 

I hope that you've enjoyed this project and I want to thank you for stopping by today!

Robin




4 comments:

  1. So creative Robin. I see you are a Paper Dolls fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have just shown how easy it is to make such beautiful junk journal cards with some printables and little creative imagination :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh how pretty! I love that you left the threads. Very creative Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic! So diverse and elegant. The vintage vibe is just adorraaaable! Lovee them ! Hugs

    ReplyDelete