Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Passport to Fall

Today I'm excited to bring you a new project using Taylormadecards4u new Passport to Fall kit. Fall is my favorite season so I'm always excited to celebrate Fall in any way.

Let's take a look at Monica's digital kit Passport to Fall



This cute little journal can be used as a place to keep your memories for Fall and would also make a great addition to your junk journal. Let's have a look at my Altered File Folder.


Now, I'm not gonna lie to you....this was my very first time using gesso. I'm sure that I made a lot of mistakes, but in the end, I love the way that it came out. I collaged some dictionary pages onto the file folder and then started layering my other papers over that. The cover is embellished with a torn bit of one of Monica's digital papers and the quote and pumpkin from the kit. I also added a chipboard sticker that I had in my stash. 


I cut the papers to fit my page and on the pockets created by folding up the bottom of the folder. Then I just inked the edges of the cut aparts and slipped them in the pocket giving you lots of room for journaling and pictures. I attached paper pieces and ribbon to some of the cut aparts and I also stamped the words 'fall memories' on the tab of the file folder. That part doesn't show too well, in hindsight, I should have used a darker ink, but in person, you can see it fairly well. I also used some chipboard embellishments from a Fall collection that I had left over from a project last year. All in all, I really love the way my project turned out. 

Here's a better look at the inside panels. 


 Left two panels


Right two panels

Thanks for stopping by to check out my project. Passport to Fall will be 15% off for a limited time, so if Fall is your favorite time of year, I recommend purchasing this kit for your Fall projects. 

Hugs,
Robin





3 comments:

  1. Great journal Robin. I love Gesso. It is a bit addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may feel you made some gesso mistakes but I always say....it's the imperfections that make it perfect. I love your project and I think it's beautiful and very well done :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore this. It turned out so beautiful. Yes, gesso can be tricky, I am still struggling but as they say there are no mistakes in crafting, only happy accidents :)

    ReplyDelete